IRS Phone Number
Calling IRS customer service faster by GetHuman
Current Wait: 38 मि (29m avg)
Hours: Mon-Fri 7am-7pm EST; best time to call: 8:00am
Get targeted help: Tell us the issue so we get you to right rep, offer relevant tips, reminders & follow-up!
Get to a live person fastest: अंग्रेजी के लिए 1 दबाएं, फिर व्यक्तिगत आयकर के लिए 2 दबाएं, और फिर 1, फिर 3, फिर 2, फिर 0 # दबाएं जब यह आपके सामाजिक सुरक्षा नंबर के लिए पूछता है, तो 2
If you find yourself lost or frustrated, we partner with a California-based expert help company to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and get help from a live expert now. Click to learn more.
Reasons customers like you called recently
IRS problem is I never got a stimulus check I'm not required to file taxes I haven't fi...
I have a federal debt owe from **** I received a letter but can not find the letter
I have still not recieved my tax refund that i efiled on june *th ****
I sent in a ****-A and **** on August **th. I want to follow up on and confirm that it...
I need to file for stimulus. I have * children born outside USA, they have their USA pa...
I'm Richard Battles I've not filed taxes in ** yrs. Why haven't I got a stimulus check...
Make payments arrangements for tax bill.
I didn’t receive my taxes and i want them
Questions about a Notice of Delinquency that I received.
I need to track my IRS tax return which is extremely late.
Need to find out if my check was mailed
I’m trying to find out the status of my **** tax return and receiving a stimulus payment.
I cannot get my stimulus check due to a first time homebuyer program and a divorce wit...
I owe for filing my taxes this year and I was trying to see could I get a payment plan...
I need to make a payment, but no matter what browser I use they insert hyphens into my...See more recent reasons for calling
Help me with my issue
Our Editor's Notes on IRS's Phone-Based Customer Care
The Internal Revenue Service, better known as the IRS, is the United States' tax collection agency. Since this federal agency serves just about everyone living in the country, it isn't surprising that it gets many calls to its customer service center.
Why Do People Call IRS Customer Support?
People call IRS customer support for a range of tax-related questions, including:
- Questions about and requests for tax forms
- Questions about tax balances
- Requests for refund status updates
- Inquiries about payment plans and offers in compromise
- Reports of identity theft or questions about communications allegedly from the IRS.
- Scheduling a meeting with an IRS agent
- Requesting help from the Taxpayer Advocate Service
- Requesting information about free tax return preparation services
Best Practices for Calling IRS Customer Service
Unfortunately, many individuals have fallen victim to scams perpetrated by dishonest people claiming to be IRS agents. Calling the IRS, verify that the number you have is correct. You can do this at IRS.gov, which is the only official website for the IRS.
Scammers may provide you with a number and claim that it is for the IRS. However, if you call it, you will be speaking to somebody who is working with the scammer. In addition, do not rely on information, including provided phone numbers, from sent to you or websites other than IRS.gov.
The IRS's website provides a list of numbers for specific divisions and concerns. If you are calling regarding your own taxes, there is a different number than for those individuals who are calling on behalf of someone else. In addition, there are separate lines for those who are calling on behalf of a deceased person's estate, as well as lines for people seeking free help with tax return preparation or the Taxpayer Advocate Service.
Callers to the IRS are required to provide information to the IRS that can establish the caller's identity. A list of required information and documentation for different types of calls can be found on the IRS website, but typically includes:
- The taxpayer's Social Security Number or taxpayer-identification number plus his or her birthdate.
- Copies of his or her most recent tax return as well as the tax return he or she is calling about.
- IRS correspondence
- Forms permitting the caller to contact the IRS on behalf of another person.
The IRS notes that calls during taxpayer season, January through April, can have wait times of up to 15 minutes. Calls made in May through December can have wait times of up to 27 minutes.
IRS agents will provide you with their name and badge number when you call. Make sure you have pen and paper handy to record this information in case you need to take further action or escalate your concerns.
How Do People Feel About Their Calls to IRS Customer Support?
While the IRS may have a fierce reputation, many people actually report positive experiences with IRS phone representatives. Callers report being treated courteously and being provided with realistic options for dealing with tax questions and issues.
What Kind of Issues Can IRS Customer Support Resolve?
IRS customer service representatives can help with a range of issues, including:
- Providing callers with tax balances and refund status updates
- Setting up payment arrangements
- Discussing alternate options for dealing with taxes
- Making changes to current payment arrangements
- Answering questions about appeals and enforcement actions
What Can't Be Resolved by Phone With the IRS?
IRS phone agents cannot provide you with legal or accounting advice. If you have questions about tax obligations or pending tax cases, you will need to speak with a tax return specialist, accountant or attorney. In some cases, you will need to fill out and sign forms that must be returned to the IRS by mail.
What Can I Do If I Am Unhappy With My Call to the IRS?
If you hang up the phone with the IRS feeling frustrated, don't lose heart. There may still be ways to get your questions answered or to resolve your IRS issues.
- First, write down or type out what happened during your call. This information can be helpful if you call the IRS back or need to appeal your case.
- In some cases, calling the IRS again may be helpful. While most IRS representatives are well-trained, some have more experience than others and may be better able to provide assistance.
- You may also want to try scheduling a face-to-face meeting with an IRS agent in your local area. While this can be intimidating, an in-person discussion may be more fruitful than trying to describe tax and financial issues and documents over the phone.
- The Taxpayer Advocate Service is a department within the IRS that provides free assistance to taxpayers who need expedited services or who are unable to receive a resolution from standard IRS channels.
- File an appeal by mail. The IRS provides forms for various appeals and these can be requested by phone or downloaded from the IRS's website. When mailing these forms to the IRS, be sure to send them via certified mail so that you can prove the steps you've taken to resolve your issue.
Customer Number 800-829-1040 - by the Numbers
डायल करने के लिए फोन नंबर800-829-1040
कॉल-बैक उपलब्ध हैहाँ
कॉल एक वास्तविक व्यक्ति द्वारा उठाया गयाहाँ
विभाग तुम बुला रहे होग्राहक सेवा
कॉल सेंटर के घंटेसोम-शुक्र 7 am-7pm ईएसटी
डायल करने का सबसे अच्छा समय8:00 बजे
एक इंसान को फोन भूलभुलैया नेविगेटअंग्रेजी के लिए 1 दबाएं, फिर व्यक्तिगत आयकर के लिए 2 दबाएं, और फिर 1, फिर 3, फिर 2, फिर 0 # दबाएं जब यह आपके सामाजिक सुरक्षा नंबर के लिए पूछता है, तो 2
वर्तमान प्रतीक्षा करें38
रैंक (फोन नंबरों के बीच)1
रैंक (कुल मिलाकर)1
वैकल्पिक तरीकेफोन, चैट, वेब
संचार की गुणवत्ता78%
मदद की गुणवत्ता75%
अंतिम अद्यतन जानकारीWed Oct 14 2020 08:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
IRS's Best Toll-Free/800 Customer Phone Number
यह IRS का सबसे अच्छा फोन नंबर है, वास्तविक समय में वर्तमान प्रतीक्षा पर पकड़ और उन फोन लाइनों के माध्यम से सही लंघन करने के लिए उपकरण IRS एजेंट के लिए सही है। यह फ़ोन नंबर IRS का सर्वश्रेष्ठ फ़ोन नंबर है क्योंकि 2,306,316 ग्राहकों ने पिछले 18 महीनों में इस संपर्क जानकारी का उपयोग किया और हमें प्रतिक्रिया दी। ग्राहक देखभाल इकाई द्वारा संबोधित सामान्य समस्याएं जो 800-829-1040 कॉल का जवाब देती हैं, उनमें Track My Refund, Setup Payment Arrangement, Ask For Tax Help, Missing Refund, Order a Transcript और अन्य ग्राहक सेवा मुद्दे शामिल हैं। IRS कॉल सेंटर जिसे आप कॉल करते हैं उसमें Utah, New York, Tennessee से कर्मचारी हैं और ग्राहकों के अनुसार Mon-Fri 7am-7pm EST खुला है। कुल मिलाकर, IRS के पास 10 फोन नंबर हैं। यह हमेशा स्पष्ट नहीं होता है कि IRS प्रतिनिधियों से बात करने का सबसे अच्छा तरीका क्या है, इसलिए हमने ग्राहक समुदाय के सुझावों से निर्मित इस जानकारी को संकलित करना शुरू किया। कृपया अपने अनुभव साझा करते रहें ताकि हम इस मुक्त संसाधन में सुधार जारी रख सकें।
Contacting IRS - by phone or otherwise
जबकि 800-829-1040 IRS का सर्वश्रेष्ठ टोल-फ्री नंबर है, उनके संपर्क में आने के कुल 12 तरीके हैं। अन्य IRS ग्राहकों के अनुसार उनकी ग्राहक सहायता टीम से बात करने का अगला सबसे अच्छा तरीका है, उनके संघीय भुगतान लेवी कार्यक्रम विभाग के लिए उनके 800-829-7650 फोन नंबर पर कॉल करना। कॉल करने के अलावा, ग्राहकों की मदद के लिए अगला पसंदीदा विकल्प संघीय भुगतान लेवी कार्यक्रम के लिए 800-829-7650 के माध्यम से है। यदि आपको लगता है कि यह जानकारी गलत है या IRS से संपर्क करने के अन्य तरीकों के बारे में जानते हैं तो कृपया हमें बताएं ताकि हम अन्य ग्राहकों के साथ साझा कर सकें। And you can click here if you want to compare all the contact information we've gathered for IRS.
What is GetHuman's Relationship to IRS?
In short, the two companies are not related. GetHuman builds free tools and shares information amongst customers of companies like IRS. For large companies that includes tools such as our GetHuman Phone, which allows you to call a company but skip the part where you wait on the line listening to their call technology music. We've created these shortcuts and apps to try to help customers like you (and ourselves!) navigate the messy phone menus, hold times, and confusion with customer service, especially with larger companies. And as long as you keep sharing it with your friends and loved ones, we'll keep doing it.